Bass, Jeremy Harr has been hailed as a "laugh riot" (In the Spotlight, Inc.) and celebrated for his “superb vocal talent, versatility, dramatic ability, and commanding stage presence” (onStage Pittsburgh). Harr returns to Opera Saratoga this summer to perform Don Basilio in Il barbiere di Siviglia, and debuts with Finger Lakes Opera as Don Alfonso in Cosí fan tutte, before joining Virginia Opera for their 2022/23 season as Police Sergeant/Pirate King cover in Pirates of Penzance, Potter’s Assistant/Bookseller/Party Guest/Technician/French Priest in Fellow Travelers and Dottore Grenvil in La Traviata.
Most recently, Harr spent two years as a Resident Artist at Pittsburgh Opera, where he performed Don Alfonso (Cosí fan tutte), Cadmus/Somnus (Semele), Zuniga (Carmen), Speaker/Sarastro cover (The Magic Flute), and The Brother (David Hertzberg’s The Rose Elf). Additional engagements included his debuts with the Berkshire Opera Festival as Pistola (Falstaff), Opera NexGen as Don Alfonso, and his return to Wolf Trap Opera as Mr. Fogg/Judge Turpin cover (Sweeney Todd) and Death cover (Gustav Holst’s Sāvitri).
Harr made his professional debut in summer 2019 as Ramfis (Aida) with the Washington Opera Society. He debuted with Wolf Trap Opera the same summer, where he performed as the Lackey (Ariadne auf Naxos) and the Officer (Il barbiere di Siviglia), and covered Death (Der Kaiser von Atlantis) and Don Basilio (Il barbiere di Siviglia). Harr returned to Wolf Trap Opera the following summer to perform Benoit/Alcindoro (La boheme) and cover Gremin (Eugene Onegin). Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the productions were instead performed as video excerpts in an online concert entitled Love: Surrender.
Harr’s many additional role highlights include Figaro (Le nozze di Figaro), Dulcamara (L’elisir d’amore), King of Scotland (Ariodante), Pandolfe (Cendrillon), Simone (Gianni Schicchi), Collatinus (The Rape of Lucretia), Superintendent Budd (Albert Herring), Frank Maurrant (Street Scene), Jimmy (Mahagonny Songspiel), Mr. Kofner/Assan (The Consul), Badger/Priest/Harašta (The Cunning Little Vixen), and Mamma Agathe (Viva la mamma) among others.
Harr is a former District Winner and Regional 3rd Place Winner in the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions, as well as a recent Finalist and Encouragement Award Winner in the Annapolis Opera Vocal Competition. He completed his undergraduate studies at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music and his graduate studies with the Maryland Opera Studio at the University of Maryland, where he studied with internationally renowned bass-baritone Kevin Short.
- Bass Soloist (Mass in C)
- Zuniga (Carmen)
- Supt. Budd (Albert Herring)
- Collatinus (The Rape of Lucretia)
- Dulcamara (L'elisir d'amore)
- Mamma Agathe (Viva la mamma)
- Il Re di Scozia (Ariodante)
- Cadmus / Somnus (Semele)
- The Brother (The Rose Elf)
- Death (Sāvitri)
- Badger / Parson / Harašta (The
Cunning Little Vixen)
- Pandolfe (Cendrillon)
- Mr. Kofner / Assan (The Consul)
- Figaro (Le nozze di Figaro)
- Don Alfonso (Così fan tutte)
- Speaker / Sarastro (The Magic Flute)
- Simone (Gianni Schicchi)
- Benoit / Alcindoro (La boheme)
Photo by Hoebermann Studio
- Basilio (Il barbiere di Siviglia)
- Bass Soloist (Petite Messe Solennelle)
- Potter's Asst. / Bookseller / Technician /
Party Guest / French Priest (Fellow
- Judge Turpin (Sweeney Todd)
- Lackey (Ariadne auf Naxos)
- Pirate King / Police Sergeant (Pirates of
- Gremin (Eugene Onegin)
- Death (Der Kaiser von Atlantis)
- Pistola (Falstaff)
- Dottore Grenvil (La traviata)
- Ramfis (Aida)
- Frank Maurrant (Street Scene)
- Jimmy (Mahagonny Songspiel)
- House Quartet (Rocking Horse Winner)